I’m a Career Counselor and Business Consultant on hiatus for the next year or two while I become a licensed therapist. I love helping people and organizations create healthy relationships with work, and am maintaining my website to keep the door open for interesting side projects.
Feel free to get in touch if you want to talk about Career and Organizational Development, as I’m available for speaking and training gigs, and an incredibly limited number of individual clients.
- Background in corporate career services & workforce development
- Management roles in social science research and social work
- Successful run as consulting business owner
- Author/co-author of a few peer reviewed journal articles
- My LinkedIn profile has the nitty-gritty details
- People say nice things about me on Yelp
- Forbes actually published a blurb I wrote about intrinsic bias!
- Master of Social Work – San Diego State University
- Bachelor of Science, Sociology – Towson University
- Associate of Arts, Chemical Dependency Counseling – Community College of Baltimore County
- Career Coaching Certificate – Loyola College of Maryland
Community & Personal
I spend a lot of my non-working hours on projects and organizations connected to my social communities:
- On the Board of Directors for the San Diego Collaborative Arts Project (SDCAP) a a 501(c)3 nonprofit that supports the regional Burning Man community.
- Serve as Volunteer Coordinator for San Diego’s 3,500 person, 4-day Regional Burn, YOUtopia, which leverages a 400+ person volunteer pool across 20+ departments.
- Recently piloted a Consent & Bystander Intervention Training Program under the auspices of SDCAP and in collaboration with Center for Community Solutions, an amazing local non-profit whose mission is to end relationship and sexual violence. The training program is designed to promote a culture of affirmative consent via education and prevention.
- Organize Burning Man Theme Camps of up to 50 people, offering all manner of interactive arts and events.
- After speaking at Ignite San Diego in 2015, got involved as a speaker coach and organizer for the event.
- Over the years have volunteered for organizations like San Diego PRIDE, Words Alive, and TEDxSanDiego.
- Occasionally tell stories at VAMP, an event of So Say We All.