If your question isn’t addressed below, schedule a consultation to discuss it.
1. How much do you charge?
- Short answer: $199/hr.
- Detailed pricing information is included on pages for Individual Career Counseling and Resume/LinkedIn Writing Services.
- Workshops and Speaking Engagements are quoted on a case-by-case basis. Email Kim for more information.
- Business consulting services are typically project based. Please email Kim to start a conversation.
2. Can I hire you to help my adult child / partner / friend / pygmy goat?
- Maybe. Here’s the thing. Career Counseling only works when clients make it a priority – it’s hard work, requires a ton of time (10+ hrs/week), endurance, etc. Those aren’t things we can gift to other people. Also, it’s challenging for some people to stay committed when they don’t have financial skin in the game. So the answer to this is always “maybe.”
- If you want to retain us to help someone else, that person needs to reach out directly to schedule a consultation. Give them this website and let them do it. If they’re interested, they’ll follow through.
- If you’re going to be paying for someone else’s program and want to speak with us, we’re happy to talk with you once the future client has completed their consult and decided they want to sign on.
- Pygmy goats don’t need jobs. But if you want to send one to Kim’s house to help keep the lawn under control, that’s cool.
3. Where can you place me?
- That’s not how this works. There is no one you can pay to get “placed” in a job – unless you’re getting scammed. Take a few minutes to read about recruitment before you do anything else.
4. Do you have any appointments today / tomorrow / this week?
- Short answer: nope.
- We are a boutique consultancy dedicated to providing an exceptionally high level of individual attention to each client. We limit the number of clients we accept at a given time. When we’re full, we’re full. We post our estimated wait-list time on our Contact page.
- If your situation is truly time-sensitive (e.g. your CEO wants to meet with you tomorrow to discuss a promotion), you can email Kim to inquire about last minute availability.
- We are occasionally able to accommodate rush jobs for Branding Projects. Rush jobs are anything that deviates from our standard process. The surcharge for rush jobs starts 50%, and may be more depending on the situation and our availability.
- We frequently make referrals to other practitioners if we think someone else may be better suited to assist you.
5. Do you work with U.S. military veterans?
- Sometimes! Our expertise is in helping veterans transition into the private sector by marketing their transferable skills and effectively navigating the corporate world.
- Many veterans choose to purse the public sector, DoD contractors, and institutions with a similar culture to the military. For these transitions, it’s best to find someone with this area of expertise.
6. Do you write Federal Government / USAJOBS.gov Resumes?
- Nope. We specialize in the private sector. Resumes for USAJOBS.gov are a completely different beast, and you need a company that focuses on them. A quick google search will reveal dozens of companies that do so – locally and nationally.
7. Can we meet in person?
- Nope. We are a digital business, so even if you’re local, your sessions will be held via Skype, Google Hangouts, FaceTime, phone, etc.
- The only exception to this is corporate consulting. We come onsite to your office location to meet with you, your leadership team, and your staff.
8. Can you help me if I’m not in San Diego?
- Absolutely! Our clients are located throughout the US and abroad.
9. What will we cover in Career Counseling sessions?
- This is completely dependent on your individual situation. Some of the more common topics are listed here, but every person is different.
- We create a custom Career Development Plan for each client, based on their specific starting point and where they want to go. No 2 plans are the same.
10. How long will we work together?
- This is different for every client.
- If you need some help preparing for interviews, we’ll probably have a few one-hour consulting sessions and send you on your way, ready to conquer the world.
- If you aren’t sure what you want to do next, find the transition process daunting, or have anything going on that isn’t neat and tidy, expect to work together for at least a few months.
- On average, we work with Entry-Level folks for 2-3 months, Mid-Career Professionals for 4-6 months and Executives for 6-18 months. But really, it always depends on the complexity of your situation, your “coachability”, and how much time & effort you devote to the process.
11. How much time do I have to spend on this each week?
- Before enrolling in a monthly Pivot program, clients commit to spending a minimum of 10 hours per week on career development activities. And only 45 mins of that is meeting with Kim.
- The rest of the time, you work on activities and exercises to further your goals. This is so you actually have things to talk about during that 45 minutes session with Kim.
- This process is intensive and will require a lot of time and energy from you. Kim partners with you every step of the way, but you have to do the footwork. Kim does not have magic beans for you.
12. Why are the sessions for Pivot programs 45 minutes instead of an hour?
- Kim likes research. And research tells us 45 minutes is the right amount of time for regular coaching sessions. It’s long enough to do a deep dive into important topics, but not so long we get sidetracked talking about that cute thing your cat did yesterday. Please send Kim pictures or videos of your cat doing cute things instead. Your time in session is for you – make the most of it.
Questions answered? Groovy! Click below to get the ball rolling!