If you need help filling open positions, contact Kim here.
Current Open Positions
B2B Account Manager for Water Sports & Action Sports Industry
Part-time, remote position, 100% commission
2 positions open – 1 in San Diego, CA and 1 in Portland, OR
Simply Waterproof creates high-quality, reusable waterproof sleeves for electronics. In business since 2009, we’ve mainly been an ecommerce company and are now expanding to B2B. We’re San Diego based and our products are made in the U.S.
We’re seeking an Account Manager to help us gain a foothold with retailers whose customers who want to keep their electronics dry. Think: water sports (boating, fishing, jet skis), bicycling, motorcycling, hiking, beach sports, etc. These could be the big guys (REI, Cabela’s, West Marine), local businesses serving beach communities, outfitters along the PCT, and other similar niches.
This position is a 1099 Contractor, 100% commission based sales. Ideally, you are already a brand sales rep for other companies, and have room to add us in to the mix.
You will be building a territory from the ground up.
We need you to be:
- Extremely experienced at B2B sales, within our industry or one that’s complementary. (If you don’t have relevant industry experience, you darn well better ride, surf, bike, etc. and understand what it’s going to take to market to these companies.)
- Internally motivated. This is a commission-only position. We don’t expect you to work f/t for us, but if you do and you rock at it, your earning potential is unlimited.
- Based in San Diego or Portland. The territories are big: either all of Southern California or all of the Pacific Northwest. So it’ll be a combination of in-person and phone sales. For the San Diego position, we need you to be available for periodic meetings with the owner in Mira Mesa or Mission Valley. For Portland, we’ll come to you and you’ll need to take us to your favorite food truck or craft beer bar.
- Super Organized. This is a remote position – you manage your own schedule and check in with us regularly, but you’re on your own out there.
- Tech savvy. We don’t have a brick and mortar presence. Almost everything we do is managed online, through a variety of platforms, web stores, and applications.
- Great communicator. Polite and friendly on the phone. Professional and appropriate via email.
- Experience as a sales trainer is a huge asset! Not mandatory, but if you’ve done training before, please let us know.
Interested? Follow these instructions:
- Email your resume and cover letter as a pdf.
- The subject line of your email should read: Simply Waterproof Account Manager.
- In your cover letter, tell us a bit about you and your interest in Adventure Sports, as well as why are on board with a commission only sales gig. We know it’s not for the feint of heart, and we genuinely want a good fit.